Sunday, April 12, 2009

Long Post for a Long Weekend

I had a 3-day weekend this week and it was pretty eventful. Here are some pictures and videos of some of the interesting things.

First of all, Thursday Riley came home from daycare with his first craft! He made an Easter bunny(with some assistance of course). The bunny is made from his footprints and hand prints but you can tell he didn't cooperate too well as they are a bit smeared. Here he is showing it off.










He also got his first bruise. I knew it was bound to happen as he is moving around a lot more and he is not too graceful yet. He must have run his face into something while he was rolling around. It is just a small bruise on his cheek you can probably see it on some of the pictures in this post. I'm sure he will have many more bruises over the next few years.

Here is a video of Riley moving to get a toy that he wants. It happens to be Sara's toy but he really likes it. She keeps bringing it to him expecting him to throw it. In this video clip he doesn't go very far but he can. The most he has moved is probably about 6 feet in 5 minutes but it tires him out so he doesn't go that far too often.



Friday morning Riley had his 6 month check-up and vaccinations. His official measurements were 19 lbs 13 oz and 27 inches tall. Riley is no longer making all A's. He had been in the 90 percentiles the last couple of doctor visits for height and weight but this time he was in the 75th percentile for both. He is however, at 98th percentile for head circumference with a whopping 47 cm. He's got a big head; hopefully that means he will be smart.

He got 3 shots at the doctor which he didn't like at all. He cried when he got stuck with the needles but then less than a minute later it was like it never happened and he was smiling.

We went to Grandma's and Grandpa's after the doctors appointment. Here he is with Grandma sporting his band-aid-on-the-thighs look.
















Grandma and Grandpa were leaving town but they bought Riley an Easter basket. Here he is checking out the Easter basket. I let him play with it but told him we couldn't open it until Easter morning. He was perfectly happy playing with the crinkly paper it was wrapped in.

















Saturday morning Papa Rick and Grandma Denise came over.












Riley has become a pro at rolling over from his back to his tummy. I got some video of him doing it.




However, one of the problems with his new ability to roll over is that on the changing table he no longer wants to stay on his back and wants to roll over to his belly to play with all the stuff on the changing table. It makes it a bit harder to change his diapers.








Here he is looking at himself in the mirror on a toy.






Another recent skill Riley has acquired is blowing raspberries. This isn't a very good video of it but I wanted to share what little video I had of it.




Sunday morning we went to sunrise service at church. After sunrise service, the church has a pancake breakfast. There was another little girl there that was Riley's age. At one point they were holding each others hand and it was too cute. I tried to get a picture but I didn't think about it in time and then I was too slow and she turned around.












Easter morning Riley also got to open his Easter basket from Grandma. Here he is with his stuffed Easter bunny.








There was also a chocolate Easter bunny and Riley really wanted it as you can see by the picture below. I told him I would have to digest it for him first and then maybe he could get a taste in his milk later.


We did other thing over the 3-day weekend but those were the ones I can remember, mainly because I have photos or videos of them. This is the last holiday before school is out. The next couple months are going to be hard with no vacation days but only 8 weeks until summer! I've never looked forward to summer break so much, now that I know I get to spend the time with Riley.

No comments:

Post a Comment