Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First 10 days of Summer

I'm sorry about the length of this post and if it is disjointed. I've been writing it for the last few days and just haven't had time to get all the pictures and videos added in order to post it.

Riley's last day at daycare (for a couple months) was June 5th. Here is a picture of him sitting in one of the bubble chairs in the play area. Maybe by the time summer is over he will be able to play on some of the cool play stuff in the daycare lobby.
















It has been a busy first 10 days of summer.

Saturday the 6th we got together with Grandma to celebrate her birthday.

Sunday the 7th we went to a end of year celebration pool party in Lewisville. This was Riley's first time in a big pool. He really seemed to like it and was splashing and laughing. Unfortunately I only got a couple pictures and no video.























Look at the cute wrinkly foot after we got out of the pool.







Riley enjoyed the pools so much the last two weekends I decided to get him a baby pool for at home. I bought this cute giraffe pool (which took forever to blow up) but we still haven't tried it with water yet. Riley thought it was pretty fun empty so I but when I add water he will like it even more.















Riley over the last week and a half has decided he wants to pull up on everything. It started with the crib. Here is a video of what I have been waking up to in the morning or seeing after nap time.


Now he is pulling up on everything he can reach. He is getting faster and faster at it and a bit sturdier although I still have to stand right next to him just in case. Here are some pictures of him pulling up on everything. You might notice the Exersaucer looks different. I took the fabric seat out because Riley doesn't want to be in it that way but instead he will stand up in it and play.


























I was waiting until summer started to start trying baby food. We have been trying things slowly. We started out with peas, which Riley did not like.




But we have also tried squash, green beans, sweet potatoes and bananas all of which he seems to like.









We also tried the little meltable bite size cereal type things which he likes but has trouble eating (they stick to his little chubby hands). He is getting a bit better at them though.
I also found these rice rusk things and he loves them. He can feed himself with them which is awesome for him and for me.



This past Saturday we went to Mimi's for a big party. There was a baby pool for Riley and the other little babies that came and we also got in the big pool.
















Here is Riley playing with one of the other babies at the party. They squealed at each other for a bit and took turns playing with the remote. The other baby is about a month younger than Riley.









This past Sunday we went go see Riley's friend Aidan who is my really good friend Rachel's baby. Riley and Aidan were born on the same day next door to each other just an hour apart (Aidan is older). Aidan was giving me lots of gorgeous smiles for the pictures but Riley just kept looking at all the cool stuff and wouldn't give me a smile.

w




This week I have been back at work doing a project for the school district. Riley has been hanging out with his Aunt Janine and cousin Brant. They have been having a great time together. Here are some pictures his Aunt Janine sent me.























Brant (although he was not excited about it) passed on to Riley a push car that he has outgrown. I tried it out tonight and Riley really seems to like it.

1 comment:

  1. We have enjoyed having Riles come and play with us this week. I'm sure Brant wont know what to do when he has me all to himself on Friday. He looks really cute in that car, he looks like such a big boy.

    ReplyDelete