Friday, June 26, 2009

Guess who is 9 months old today!

3/4 of a year old already! The last 3 weeks alone I feel like he has grown up so much. Now he is eating baby food and rice crackers, pulling up and then sitting down, crawling and climbing over everything and so much more.

Today we celebrated by playing. Well truthfully that is everyday but it was still fun.


Riley did give me a present of a big stinky leaky diaper. He was in the jumperoo just bouncing away and I was across the room watching him and pumping. I thought I saw a bug or something running down his leg. If only it had been a bug; that would have freaked me out but been a bit easier to deal with . Instead there was poop all over his legs. He got a bit upset for a second but then he just kept jumping, poo-poo legs and all. It was so gross and yet he seemed to be perfectly happy at the moment so I had to take pictures to share the experience with Ryan. I'll spare the rest of y'all though. Just know it was gross.


Here is a collection of non-gross pictures from the last few days


Today he decided to pull tissues out of the box. I think he understands what they are for because he kept wiping his nose with them.





The swing was once our best friend but Riley hasn't wanted anything to do with it the last month or so. Today though he decided it was fun again.



Mmmm. Chicken!




I love his smile!





I've been working on teaching Riley to hold the bottle the last few days. It works best if I lay him in the bean bag chair. It apparently is exhausting work to hold the bottle.









I bought a bag of 100 balls and I pour them all out into the hallway with all the doors shut. Riley seems to enjoy it but only for about 15 minutes.








An update on Ruby. She is getting more and more comfortable with us every day. She likes laying on Riley's blankets and also decided the bean bag was comfy.



She and Riley are still getting along.
She likes to watch Riley eat.
This picture is cute and yet gross at the same time if you zoom in. Riley was babbling to Ruby for a bit and pounding on the tile step and when he finally turned around I took the picture. Then I noticed the lovely snot covered face.

No comments:

Post a Comment