Monday, February 9, 2009

A Day with Grandma and a Fussy Weekend

Friday Riley got to spend the day with Grandma. Two of the other Pickens boys were sick at his Aunt Corie's so rather than send him over there and chance him catching the illness, Grandma Stocking was nice enough to stay home with Riley while Ryan and I went to work. Apparently he was so excited to be with his Grandma that he didn't sleep much for her. She sent me a couple pictures during the day from her phone.



As you can see the giant bib look is "in" right now. I forgot to mention in the post about the 4 month check up that the doctor said Riley's gums were a bit swollen and he might be teething soon. I was a little surprised that it might be happening so soon. I haven't seen any signs of teeth but he has been drooling a lot. So with the drooling and the spitting up the giant bibs are easier to change than an entire outfit.

Saturday he continued the trend of not really wanting to nap which made him a bit fussy. For some reason he wanted nothing to do with his activity gym this weekend and just wanted to be held. I don't know if his mouth was bothering him or if it was something else. He did sleep well at night though thankfully.
Sunday he took good naps but was a bit cranky when he was awake. I tried to get him to chew on a teething ring to see if that would help but he wanted nothing to do with it. The weather was really nice so we went on a long walk with Sara which seemed to put him in a better mood. I forgot to bring the camera though so no pictures. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment