Riley has been on strictly breast milk and some formula for the last 5 months and today we gave him cereal for the first time. It was actually more like milk with a tiny bit of cereal mixed in but it was a new taste for him and eating with a spoon was also a new thing.
The first bite Riley scrunched up his face somewhat in shock but then he seemed to decide it was okay.
At first I was trying to keep Riley pretty clean but the cereal was so thin it just fell off the spoon and just dripped out of him mouth. By the end of the feeding I had given up on try to keep him even remotely clean.
I think tomorrow we will try it a little thicker.
I've put in a few clips of the feeding together as one short video rather than subjecting ya'll to the entire thing. There are also some pictures below.
The first bite Riley scrunched up his face somewhat in shock but then he seemed to decide it was okay.
At first I was trying to keep Riley pretty clean but the cereal was so thin it just fell off the spoon and just dripped out of him mouth. By the end of the feeding I had given up on try to keep him even remotely clean.
I think tomorrow we will try it a little thicker.
I've put in a few clips of the feeding together as one short video rather than subjecting ya'll to the entire thing. There are also some pictures below.
Waiting for the next bite
Daddy's turn to try
The messy aftermath.
Brant didn't know what to do with his first cereal either, and it was pretty soupy too. It gets better when it's thicker Riley. Good job with your first try! We love you!
ReplyDelete