This is going to be a boring post. No pictures and really just a ramble of my thoughts so feel free to skip it.
Saturday was Kacy's jewelry/birthday party. I'm not really that into jewelry or large group social situations so I was really just going to support Kacy, to see her new remodels of her house (which are awesome) and so Kacy could see Riley again since she really has only got to see him once since she visited us in the hospital.
I carpooled to the party with Karri and Amanda. I'm feel really bad about the trip because Riley wanted nothing to do with his car seat and cried the entire way. He then cried for the first 30 minutes at the party. I was worried before I even went that this would happen as he seems to be fearful of large group situations. I took him back to Kacy's bedroom and he calmed down quickly. In the quiet room I talked to him and got him happy and even laughing but then as soon as I brought him back out to the living room where everyone else was he would start screaming. I tried this several more times (calming him in the room then bringing him out to the group) and finally after about an hour and 5 more tries he seemed to settle down and tolerated being in the living room with the large group. By then the jewelry party was pretty much over although that is probably good because I'm trying to stick the the Dave Ramsey plan so it helped me be good and not buy anything I didn't really need. Riley stayed in a decent mood for the next couple hours while I got to hang out with the group. Then it was close to his bedtime so I took him home. There was some crazy traffic for a Saturday evening and it took me over an hour to get home which was not fun since Riley really didn't want to be in his car seat. Then to top it all off I fell asleep when putting Riley too bed and I woke up in the middle of the night which meant I completely missed the second part of Kacy's party.
I was rather disappointed overall with how the day went. We are really blessed and Riley really is such an awesome baby at home; he rarely gets upset for more than a couple minutes but lately when we leave the house he seems to get upset pretty easily especially with groups of people. I worry I'm somehow passing my anti-social tendencies on to Riley. I guess I'm going to have to take him out more and somehow get him comfortable with large groups of people. Next Saturday is Brant's birthday party. Hopefully that will go better.
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment