Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break

Sorry for the delay in the post. I wrote it a couple days ago but some of the pictures are trapped on my camera and I need to find my camera cord. I'm going to go ahead and post this with some missing pics and when I finally find my camera cord I will do another post with the missing photos.

Riley, Ryan and I have had a pretty busy spring break. I really enjoyed getting to spend the entire week with Riley and I'm not looking forward to Monday at all.
Monday of spring break Ryan was off work so we used that day to look at day cares. Ryan's sister in law is no longer able to watch Riley so we had to find somewhere else for him for the next 11 weeks. I had already looked at quite a few day cares but I took Ryan to a couple including one I had not yet seen. It turns out the one we like best was one I had not seen yet. It is Fellowship Christian Daycare and it is a part of a private Christian school. They are building a new wing which is almost done and we got to see the infant rooms and they are very large and very inviting which is surprising because Ryan and I both thought the outside of the building was a little over the top. We also really liked the atmosphere of the place and the staff. Hopefully it will be a good experience for Riley. It is going to be really hard for me on Monday to drop him off with strangers but hopefully they won't be strangers for too long.

Monday night Riley and I went to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa. Normally he is pretty good at restaurants but he was a bit cranky that night, I think from all the running around during the day.

Riley and I ran a lot of errands and did some miscellaneous things at home throughout the week like the taxes. Yeah for Riley my little tax credit, (almost makes up for his insane hospital bill)!
We also did a little shopping together. Check out his new sunglasses. He is so styling.







We also bought him a new bathtub since he was growing out of his old one. It is in the shape of a duck. It didn't think about getting a wide shot to show the whole tub. The toy he is playing with is one that Mr. R gave us that has three little birds on it that chirp different notes when you push on them. You can see Riley really liked it.



On Thursday we went out to lunch with my sister Janine and Riley's cousin Brant. Riley was pretty sleepy when we were trying to get pictures of the boys together so he looks a little confused. He and Brant were both excellent at the restaurant and we had a great time together.


Riley and I got to spend a lot to time just playing and hanging out at the house. Here are some pictures of him grabbing his feet which seems to be his new favorite thing to do. (pictures coming soon)

Here he is playing with one of his toys. He is scooting around a lot and doesn't stay on the play gym or blankets we lay out for long.


Here he is hanging out in his high chair waiting for cereal. He is getting a bit better at eating the cereal but it is still a very, very messy process. (pictures coming soon)

I took some pictures of his little fuzzball head over the break because I think more hair is starting to come back in and I wanted to document the cute little fuzz.


Mimi came by to visit Sunday night but by the time she got here Riley was ready for bed and wasn't really in the mood for visitors. He let her hold him for a bit at the end of her visit.



We did other things over the break but I can't remember them at the moment. I think I also have some videos from this week but I need to go through the footage and see it any of it is worth sharing.
All in all it was a very enjoyable spring break and it definitely made me look forward to summer even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment